- How to Find the Best Toys for 4 Year Olds - March 22, 2022
- Best Shark Toys - March 22, 2022
- Best Boat Toys Guide - March 11, 2022
Summertime is one of the most exciting times of the year! When I lived in a cold state, we looked forward to a couple of months of warmer weather.
When I worked in preschools and daycares, I remember seeing the children filled with excitement as they played with water toys. Water and sand tables were big with them! Not only are they fun for children, but they’re great for encouraging sensory learning and imagination.
As a parent, you want the best for your child, and that includes items that’ll encourage learning through play. I’ve created this list with parents in mind for the upcoming summer months. Be sure to read this guide on the best water toys for water play today!
Why Should My Child Play with Water Toys?
Water toys aren’t just for the sand or beach, but for the great outdoors as well. Think about the different water tables that you might find or other water toys along the way.
Some of the benefits of water play include:
Children learn concentration through water toys since they can fully immerse themselves in playing with water tables. Mathematical skills can also be learned thanks to using the different-sized containers and seeing how much they can hold.
Believe it or not, water play can help to encourage their vocabulary. As they’re playing with water toys, they’re learning new terms for the different actions that they’re performing. These are just a few of the benefits, and there can be many more!
Bottom Line Up Front
There are a variety of water toys to choose from, which can make it difficult to narrow it down. If I had to choose a favorite, though, it’d have to be the Dinosaur-Themed splash pad!
Your child can learn through play about the different colors, shapes, and dinosaurs. It’s perfect for children between three and twelve years old.
My Top Picks at a Glance
- B. Toys Off The Hook Large Boat– Your child will have loads of fun playing and squirting these various toys that come with this boat!
- 2Pack Max Liquidator Eliminator Water Blaster– Sun Squad- Children will have fun soaking their friends. It even floats when your children aren’t playing with them.
- B. Toys Kids’ Diving Set Scoop- Shark– inspired little teeth make diving even more fun! Your child can practice their driving skills as they go to scoop up the different toys.
- Bunch O Balloons Small Water Slide– A traditional water slide with a twist, balloons!
- Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark– Have your child play and practice pouring water onto the different items in this water table.
- Step2 Dino Dig Sand & Water Table– Perfect for the dino-fanatic in your life.
- Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall Water Activity Toy- Double-sided and unique since your child can watch the waterfall down the side.
- Toffos Splash Pad for Kids– Fun for the whole family as children laugh and play. They’ll even learn about different colors, shapes, and dinosaurs along the way.
- Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table– Perfect for your children to learn through play!
- Banzai Party Melon Madness Pool Challenge– Encourage your older child to practice diving and playing under the water.
- Banzai Jr. Splish Splash Water Park– For children eighteen months and up, they’ll have so much fun with their splash pad specifically made for them!
- Inflatable Sprinkler Pool for Kids- Perfect for children as young as nine months old!
Tips for the Reader
Listen to your child and their likes and dislikes. Pay attention to how they respond with water toys.
It’s vital that you try to figure out what they’ll like most and never force them to use a toy. As you go through this list, think about what you can really see them using. Remember to think about any developmental delays that could make certain activities more difficult.
As I go through this list and my selection process, I think about the best toys for your child to learn and grow. You won’t see a list thrown together, but instead, you’ll find a carefully picked selection.
I’ll try to have a variety of toys since each child is different and will have various interests. Remember to go with what your child is comfortable with.
How to Pick Out the Best Water Toys?
You know your child better than anyone, so take a look at their current interests. Then, start small and see how they respond.
Remember that it might be different from bathtime since they won’t always fully immerse themselves in every toy. Water tables are an excellent option for children who don’t enjoy getting into the water. They can then instead place items in the water.
If your child loves the water, then there are sprinklers and other toys that are a ton of fun. But remember that even if it seems like it’s just fun, it can still encourage learning.
This list is all about water toys that your little one can enjoy while they’re pretending to be a fish in the pool! Take pool-time from mundane to fun and exciting for your child.
Toys Off the Hook Large Boat
This fun and affordable toy at Target is perfect for fun in the pool!
It comes with:
- Three water toys
- Two fish squirts
- One octopus
- One large boat (that has a removable lid)
The octopus twirls as you fill it up, and the fish squirts are perfect for growing little ones. As long as your little one is six months or older.
All three toys can even be placed inside the boat to make clean up easy. I also love that the company that sells this sends it in 100% recyclable material.
- Perfect for various age ranges
- Only for younger children, mostly.
2Pack Max Liquidator Eliminator Water Blaster- Sun Squad
This is the perfect gift for children to play with you and their friends in the pool! They can have water fights as they fill it up and spray water at each other.
The pump is easy to use for loads of fun. It can even spray up to 35 feet! Then, when your child is done playing and wants to float around, these toys float in the water.
- Tons of fun for children
- Floats in the water
- Not for younger than six years old
Toys Kids’ Diving Set Scoop
Let your child imagine and play as they pretend to be divers in the pool! It’s even shark-inspired since there are teeth around the rim of the catcher.
I love how it comes with little toys that you can throw into the water and dive for. Each toy is easy to grab as well. Perfect for developing fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Great for children to practice diving
- Encourage learning through play
- Might be boring for some since it’s not very interactive
Banzai Party Melon Madness Pool Challenge
Perfect for children aged eight and up, they’ll have a blast diving for items under the water. In addition, it’s a great way to encourage concentration in your child as they dive into the water.
It comes with:
- 22 diameter hoop
- Nine-inch diameter vinyl ball
- Five tubes
- One filling needle
- One hose adapter
Your children can pass, catch, and dribble the ball. These can be performed under the water too. The watermelon ball is filled with water for hours of play.
- Great for older children to have fun while they’re in the pool
- Encourage concentration as they pass and dive for the ball
- Assembly is required
- Not for children under eight years old.
Even if you don’t have a pool, your child can have loads of fun in the backyard! There are various options to choose from, from sprinklers to slip and slides!
Bunch O Balloons Small Water Slide
Another Target find, slip and slides bring me back! What a great way for parents to experience nostalgia as they think back to their slip and slide days.
Today, they’re more creative and fun than when we were little. For example, bunch O Balloons comes with various balloons that you can fill up.
As you slide, the balloons can spray water. You also don’t have to worry about tying them.
For those who are eco-friendly, the balloons are made from 100% recycled plastic.
It comes with:
- One water slide
- Three balloon stems (100 water balloons)
- Two pegs to place the slide into the ground
- A unique take on a water slide
- Hours of fun
- It might not be a good choice for younger children.
Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark
Let your child take their imagination to new heights with this water table from Walmart. The water table can hold up to seven gallons of water!
A spiral tube is included so that your child can pour in water or the toys that it comes with. Your child will develop their motor skills through this toy as they play with it.
Five character balls are included for additional play. They can even have the toys slide down into the spiral tube.
It is perfect for younger children or those who aren’t comfortable submerging themselves in water. However, if your child is two years or older, they’ll have fun placing the toys down the tunnel as they float into the water.
- Tons of fun for children two and older
- A great educational toy
- Relaxing toy since they’re playing with water
- Older children might find it boring.
Step2 Dino Dig Sand & Water Table
For the dino-fan in your life, consider this dino water table. I love how it works as both a sand and water table giving you options throughout the year!
Check out the dinosaurs on the table, along with the palm tree, miniature cups, and shovel. Your child will laugh and clap as they place water over the top of the different toys.
Move the dinosaurs around as you fill the table up with water to have your child improve their imagination.
Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall Water Activity Toy
What a fun and unique toy for children! Your child can have hours of fun filling water into the top and watching it trickle down into the various buckets.
The water will twist and turn until it falls into the bottom. This water activity is vibrant and colorful to keep your little one’s attention.
Remember that attention to toys is essential; it’ll encourage your child’s concentration.
It’s even double-sided, allowing multiple children to enjoy it at once! In addition, there are funnels, zigzags, and spinners on the water wall.
Parents can enjoy it too since it’s easy to clean. Use disinfectant wipes to clean it. In addition, it comes with thirteen accessories.
- Perfect for preschoolers to enjoy!
- Double-sided for multiple children to play with
- Not for children under three
Toffos Splash Pad for Kids
Have fun this summer with your children with this large splash pad! It’s perfect for children between three and twelve years old.
Your child will learn through play as they splash around the pad. On Amazon right now, they even have it on sale when posting this!
Younger children can learn about the different colors, shapes, and dinosaurs as they splash around. It’s a large size at 86.6″!
It’s an easy setup for parents too. There’s less chance of water leaking thanks to a waterproof ring at the connection.
Keep in mind that it’s not for children under three years old. However, I love how colorful and bright this splash pad is, making it educational fun!
- Perfect for the whole family
- Educational opportunity
- Not for children under three
Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
The ultimate water table for toddlers and preschoolers! The waterfall goes into the buckets, ramps, spinners, and pond. Your child can have tons of fun since placing the maze pieces will form new waterfalls.
There’s even a hand-held spinning wheel for your child to enjoy. A flipper allows them to flip items back into the water.
It comes with:
- One fish water squirter
- Thirteen-piece accessory kit
- One frog water squirter
- One strainer
- One fish water squirter
- Three maze pieces
- Two spinning pieces
- One flipper
- One water table
The best part is that you don’t have to worry about the drain plug leaking. When your little one is done playing for the day, you can empty the water table with the drain plug. It even comes with a fun miniature wall for your child to play with!
Water tables are excellent for physical, social, and sensory learning.
- An educational toy for children
- Plenty of fun
- Encourages hours of play since it’s a large water table
- It could be challenging to put together.
Banzai Jr. Splish Splash Water Park
Your little one will have so much fun with this splash park! They can stack the starfish toss rings, ride the dolphin, or go down the slide. They can relax and splash in the water too.
It comes with:
- One whale slide
- Four starfish toss rings
- One repair patch
- One activity splash mat
Perfect for children aged eighteen months and up. Let your child play with their friends as they enjoy the water and learn about the different animals.
- Great for children eighteen months and up
- Plenty of learning opportunities
- Not for older children
Inflatable Sprinkler Pool for Kids
Have your child have fun in the backyard as they play in their very own pool. It comes with one pool plus two spraying systems to make it exciting.
You will need an electric air pump since it doesn’t come with one, and a garden hose. It’s easy to clean up, too, since you can fold it when it’s not in use.
It measures about 67 by 40 inches. Kids as young as nine months old can enjoy it! You don’t have to worry about it leaking, and it’s a non-slip design making it safer for children.
- Perfect for little ones
- Plenty of fun for children
- Doesn’t come with a pump which is a requirement for setup.
Question: What are the Benefits of Water Play?
Answer: Your child can practice social communication skills and learn through play.
Question: Why Do Kids Love Water Toys?
Answer: Not only are children learning through water toys, but they’re having fun! There are various water toys to choose from too.
Question: What is Emotionally Therapeutic Water Play?
Answer: When children can relax with water, whether it’s pouring, scooping, etc.
Checking Out the Best Water Toys for Water Play
After exploring some of the best water toys for water play, I hope you have a better idea of some great options. Take your time looking through what your child currently enjoys to help you make your selection.
My personal favorite is the dinosaur-themed splash pad at the end of the day. It’s perfect for children between three and twelve years old. Younger children can learn about different shapes, colors, and dinosaurs.
Find more cool toys by reading these guides below:
How to Find the Best Toys for 9-Year-Olds