Extraterrestrial life is a weird concept for kids, especially babies and toddlers. What kids love, though, is the oddity of the unknown creatures. This best alien toys guide will expose the truth for parents and kids. I’ll give you the best Alien toy pick for every age group, starting as young as an infant and ending in the teens.
Alien toys are a fantastic and broad choice for children, whether they love the Aliens movie or want the trendiest slime and goo. Children of all ages can enjoy the numerous activities with alien toys. You can find one from any category and multiple toy themes. From one mom to another, let’s explore alien toys.
Bottom Line Up Front
Kids will always be fascinated by aliens, some adults, too. I’m a mom, so I’ll focus on what children find fascinating about life out there. I’m also a mom who buys meaningful toys for my kids. A toy should be more than a few minutes of excitement. Sure, kids who love alien toys will go mad for them, but they must do more.
Buying toys within recommended age groups is one way to ensure your child gets every benefit from them. The Twitch Light Up Alien Plush Toy is the right alien toy if your little one’s less than 12-months-old. I’m going to break my best alien toys into 16 categories, ranging from babies to teenagers.
The Monster Flex Stretch Alien Fidget Toy is an excellent toy for the terrible twos. Tweens are more likely to enjoy the Solar Robot Kit STEM Educational Toy. The Farting Alien Interactive Toy Figure can teach 9-year-olds valuable lessons about appropriate behavior. Don’t stress; they’ll have tons of fun with it anyway.
Indeed, I’m about to break the best alien toys down by age and milestones. Teenagers are another story. The Big Chap Alien Scale Action Figure, the Alien RPG Game, and the Lego Darth Vader Alien Building Kit appeal more to their milestones. Are you curious enough to explore the expectations of the first 16 years?
Even better, do you want to learn how you can help kids achieve each milestone? Glance my favorite picks for each age group a simple explanation for each. I’ll explain each toy choice better soon enough. The bottom line, though, is that you’re bound to find the right toy for your kids, no matter their ages or stages.
My Top Alien Toy Picks at a Glance
Aliens come in many shapes and forms, and these picks suit every child for different reasons. I plan to cover the details of all the best alien toys soon enough. For now, take a glance at my top picks for every age group.
- Best Alien Toy for Babies: The Twitch Light Up Alien Plush Toy is perfect for introducing babies to a sensory experience and the pincer grasp in the first year.
- Best Alien Toy for 1-Year-Olds: The Taddle Toes Jupiter Alien Plush is an ideal companion for a child between one and two. It comes with various fabrics for different sensory experiences.
- Best Alien Toy for 2-Year-Olds: The Monster Flex Stretch Alien Fidget Toy is a strange toy that exercises a toddler’s hand muscles. It also offers a peculiar sensory experience that is safe for this age group.
- Best Alien Toy for 3-Year-Olds: The Stacking Robots Educational Alien STEM Toy works for this age group because kids learn about consequences when making decisions.
- Best Alien Toy for 4-Year-Olds: The Oodles of Aliens Educational Toy is one of the earliest toys to help kids develop cognitive skills like counting and sorting.
- Best Alien Toy for 5-Year-Olds: The Alien Vision Space Goggles Game actively encourages children to go outside and exercise their motor skills. It also enables better coordination.
- Best Alien Toy for 6-Year-Olds: The Ooze Labs Alien Slime Lab Toy Set gets children thinking beyond the realm of standard, boring toys. It packs a punch of sensory and educational experiences.
- Best Alien Toy for 7-Year-Olds: The Lego Alien Space Mining Building Kit helps kids develop friendships by encouraging them to take turns and play socially.
- Best Alien Toy for 8-Year-Olds: The Dissection Aliens Interactive Toy might prevent you from freaking out with every bug a child brings in from the garden at this curious age.
- Best Alien Toy for 9-Year-Olds: The Farting Alien Interactive Toy Figure might get kids giggling. It also shows them the result of purposeful farting behavior in public spaces.
- Best Alien Toy for 10-Year-Olds: The Reversible Baby Yoda Alien Mood Plush is a soft Baby Yoda toy. It helps kids finally grab hold of their emotional side. Tweens should reach this milestone soon.
- Best Alien Toy for 11-Year-Olds: The Solar Robot Kit STEM Educational Toy is another alien-inspired educational toy to further your child’s cognitive skills at this age.
- Best Alien Toy for 12-Year-Olds: The Fate of Nostromo Alien Board Game helps kids develop next-level cognitive and language skills at this age. It also promotes improved social interactions.
- Best Alien Toy for 13-Year-Olds: The Alien RPG Game is a gentle way to socialize a new teenager who faces the world with unfamiliar emotions. It gets them to release their changing frustrations.
- Best Alien Toy for 14-Year-Olds: The Big Chap Alien Scale Action Figure gives your child a chance to brag about owning one of the most fabulous Aliens action figures. They feel the need for social acceptance.
- Best Alien Toy for 15-Year-Olds: The Lego Darth Vader Alien Building Kit teaches teenagers a new level of patience. They also express their emotional and creative sides through alien model building.
Best Alien Toys Guide: Everything You Need to Know
Everyone is so fascinated with alien life and the merchandise representing it that there are countless alien toy options. Some examples of popular alien theme toys include:
- Aliens toys
- Alien plush
- Alien interactive toys
- Alien sensory toys
- Alien educational toys
- Alien action figures
- Glow-in-the-dark alien toys
- Alien spacecraft or UFO toys
- Alien building kits
- Star Wars toys
Even Star Wars toys count as alien toys. ET plush toys also intrigue children who know the extraterrestrial visitor. I only include a few examples of alien toys. Anyway, let’s see what you should consider as a parent before diving into why I chose the best alien toy for each age group.
Advice for Alien Toy Enthusiasts
I’m no stranger to the obsession with parenting and childhood development. Parents are excited about watching their kids grow up, including me. A special way to keep track of their development is their age milestones. I also mark their height against the wall and diarize every stepping stone my kids achieve.
Sure, toys bring laughs, giggles, and precious memories to the playroom, but they’re more than that. I love hearing my daughter’s weird laughter while my son practices his powerful speech to make her laugh. I love how they concoct the oddest role-playing stories between their different toys.
What do I love as much as hearing their joy? I’m a fanatic regarding early childhood development. I keep track of my son’s milestones, endlessly researching the achievements I can expect in each new year. Don’t be mistaken. I don’t expect my children to be average. Sometimes, they reach milestones early.
Sometimes, they miss a milestone by a few months. No child is the same, and you can’t expect children to always fall into the average developmental zone. What can you do if kids will never be average? You can encourage their milestone achievements by giving them toys that promote them.
Buying toys appropriate to their age is one of the best gifts you can give your child. Age-specific toys encourage children to practice needed skills and can be as simple as helping a baby through teething. Get your milestone journal ready because I’ll show you the best alien toy for every child’s age.
How to Pick the Best Alien Toys
I chose to shake things up and select the best Alien toy for each age group up to 16-years-old. The toy must suit the age group, and it should help with a developmental milestone a child of that age would reach. It’s that simple to pick the best Alien toys for your kids.
Best Alien Toys Guide: The Top Picks
Alien toys come in every color, shape, and size you can imagine. Fortunately, I’m showing you the best options for each age group, simplifying the choices. Let’s get to the weird options available.
Best Alien Toy for Babies
Babies are new to this world, and they have to learn everything from scratch. The best place to start is right at the beginning. The Twitch Light Up Alien Plush Toy is a gentle introduction to some of the first milestones a baby reaches. You can’t overwhelm a baby with sensory experiences, but this plush toy does it just right.
- Brand: Aurora
- Type: Baby alien plush
- Age Milestone: Sensory development and fine motor skills
- Acquired skills: The pincer grasp and sensory introductions
- The alien baby plush toy is fantastic, with glowing eyes and a soft touch
- The eyes flicker different colors when the baby squeezes the alien’s foot (fabulous for an early cause-and-effect lesson, too)
- Never surround babies with plush toys in the crib (supervise them while they’re awake)
Best Alien Toy for 1-Year-Olds
Young toddlers are learning to experience different textures with their tiny fingers. They want to touch everything and feel all kinds of fabrics. Toymakers focus on the textile experiences for this age group. The Taddle Toes Jupiter Alien Plush suits tiny toddlers with curious hands. They can even chew the alien plush.
- Brand: Aurora
- Type: Textile alien plush
- Age Milestone: Textile experimentation
- Acquired skills: Experiencing different textures
- The Jupiter alien plush toy for young toddlers has embroidered parts for extra texture
- It looks like a 10″ blob of cuteness and is safe with no small pieces for kids to chew off
- You should still not surround young, sleeping toddlers with plushies (let them play with you)
Best Alien Toy for 2-Year-Olds
I’m going to recommend an odd toy for 2-year-olds. Toddlers are still learning to use their hands and develop fine motor skills. Their muscles could use some exercise. The Monster Flex Stretch Alien Fidget Toy is large and durable enough to withstand the teeth of a curious toddler. It’s an exercise that doubles as sensory play.
- Brand: Alisa
- Type: Alien fidget toy
- Age Milestone: Sensory experimentation and muscular practice
- Acquired skills: Fine motor skills and textile exploration
- The stretchy alien sensory toy is a safe and durable single-piece experience for young toddlers
- The toy exercises a child’s necessary muscles at this age
- The alien might look scary for little ones
Best Alien Toy for 3-Year-Olds
Shall I say, I know what you’re going through right now? The three-year marker is a challenging time for parents. Tantrums are in full swing, and the last thing you want to consider is a new toy after the showdown at the supermarket. However, the Stacking Robots Educational Alien STEM Toy holds the answers.
- Brand: Learn2M
- Type: Alien educational toy
- Age Milestone: Independence and behavioral adjustment
- Acquired skills: Cause-and-effect and the consequences of behaviors
- The alien STEM toy teaches kids about cause-and-effect by reacting to their decisions (teaching them how every behavior results in a reaction)
- STEM toys educate children about science, math, technology, and engineering while they have fun
- It uses batteries and makes a noise
Best Alien Toy for 4-Year-Olds
Kids begin copying shapes and sorting colors at four, and they have tons of fun learning about the things we take for granted. The Oodles of Aliens Educational Toy helps kids have fun sorting colors and shapes. It even teaches them to count and play simple board games in social settings.
- Brand: Learning Resources
- Type: Alien educational toy
- Age Milestone: Cognitive functions
- Acquired skills: Counting and sorting
- The alien educational toy comes with pincers, a board game, dice, six aliens, and a UFO container
- The toy also helps kids practice their fine motor skills and contains 48 pieces in total
- Children can get testy when they first learn to sort and count (good luck)
Best Alien Toy for 5-Year-Olds
The Alien Vision Space Goggles Game is how you get kids playing indoors and outdoors through a pair of goggles. At five, children practice their climbing, jumping, and gross motor skills on a new level. They also finally have a 20/20 vision, making my top pick an exciting find. Let’s take things to a new level with this game.
- Brand: Fotorama
- Type: Alien virtual toy
- Age Milestone: Gross motor, coordination, and balance
- Acquired skills: Gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Kids enjoy a virtual alien game through goggles while chasing and blasting the alien foes
- It’s a game that gets kids off their behinds and outside where the sun’s waiting for them
- Kids may stumble in an unsupervised area
Best Alien Toy for 6-Year-Olds
At six, a child’s curiosity and creative edge are growing wildly. They want to experiment with weird things, touch new textures, and create the craziest stuff in their imaginative play lab. The Ooze Labs Alien Slime Lab Toy Set inspires kids to explore their imaginary scientist personas and offers a sensory experience.
- Brand: Thames and Kosmos
- Type: Alien slime toy
- Age Milestone: Creativity and cognitive curiosity
- Acquired skills: Creativity and critical thinking
- The alien slime lab toy set ten possible experiments for kids to enjoy
- It comes with tweezers, a plastic scalpel, stamped alien head, and oodles of slime
- Parents won’t enjoy cleaning this mess up if their kids aren’t self-tidying
Best Alien Toy for 7-Year-Olds
Building blocks are essential toys for kids, but children can enjoy more intricate building kits from Lego at seven. Building kits are incredible choices for children learning to play with other kids. Your child wants a friend at this age, and the Lego Alien Space Mining Building Kit can be the perfect team effort.
- Brand: Lego
- Type: Lego alien building kit
- Age Milestone: Social needs and emotional recognition
- Acquired skills: Social play and taking turns
- The Lego alien building kit comes with 327 pieces that form one of three otherworldly versions
- My son often build Lego kits with his best friend, and it teaches him to understand the other child’s emotional needs
- Some kids will prefer to create the kit alone
Best Alien Toy for 8-Year-Olds
At eight, children can be pretty obsessed with bugs and anything weird to freak you out. My daughter still brings the most bizarre things in from the garden, and she knows how I feel. Anyway, the Dissection Aliens Interactive Toy is a science-filled, exciting experience for curious minds who won’t leave bugs alone.
- Brand: Treasure X
- Type: Alien interactive toy
- Age Milestone: Curiosity and cognitive development
- Acquired skills: Problem-solving and critical thinking
- The alien interactive toy has 26 ways a child can dissect the weird-looking alien bug
- The kit also includes hidden gems inside the alien for kids to play treasure hunting games
- Kids might leave it lying about for you to freak out in the middle of the night
Best Alien Toy for 9-Year-Olds
At nine, children should learn what’s acceptable behavior in social settings. Again, I say they should learn social norms. It doesn’t mean they do yet. I chose an ironic toy with a hidden lesson for this age group. The Farting Alien Interactive Toy Figure makes kids laugh, but it also introduces them to the embarrassment of public farts.
- Brand: Wow Wee
- Type: Interactive alien figure toy
- Age Milestone: Social norms and acceptable behavior
- Acquired skills: Embarrassment caused by unacceptable behavior (come on, it’s funny for parents)
- The alien figure’s head looks like a butt, and its name is ironically Uranus
- Kids will get a few laughs from the farting feature, but it slowly teaches them how inappropriate it might be
- Kids will embarrass you a few times with this toy
Best Alien Toy for 10-Year-Olds
It takes roughly ten years for kids to control their mood swings better. Sorry if you’re not there yet, and I just spoiled the fun. At ten, kids gain a better grasp of conflict resolution and better control their emotions. The Reversible Baby Yoda Alien Mood Plush helps kids achieve emotional milestones.
- Brand: Toy Storage World
- Type: Baby Yoda mood plush
- Age Milestone: Emotional understanding
- Acquired skills: Healthy emotional expression
- The Baby Yoda Mandalorian reversible plush toy has a sad and happy face to helps kids express feelings
- It’s a 6″ alien plush your child can carry anywhere
- Kids benefit from mood plushies, but they should never become entirely reliant on them
Best Alien Toy for 11-Year-Olds
Kids show a wide range and interest in tools and educational toys. Their minds are working overtime to learn about the world. The Solar Robot Kit STEM Educational Toy is an excellent find for curious kids looking to expand their intellect. The robot reminds me of Wall-E, which isn’t an alien itself. It’s futuristic and space-like.
- Brand: AoHu
- Type: Alien STEM toy robot
- Age Milestone: Cognitive and intellectual improvements
- Acquired skills: Critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- The STEM alien toy robot has 12 different designs to keep curious minds busy for long
- It’s a DIY, solar-powered, 190-piece building kit that reminds me of a classic Disney character
- Kids will get frustrated if they lose one piece that affects all 12 designs
Best Alien Toy for 12-Year-Olds
Kids are learning to challenge opinions, strategize solutions, and have more intelligent conversations with peers at this age. It’s a significant milestone in childhood development’s social and cognitive areas. Social games are a popular choice for this age. The Fate of Nostromo Alien Board Game is ideal for kids now.
- Brand: Ravensburger
- Type: Alien board game
- Age Milestone: Abstract thought and reasoning
- Acquired skills: Social play and cooperation
- The alien board game encourages kids to strategize in teams and find solutions to complex problems
- It’s a game of suspense and unknown outcomes to keep children hooked in group play
- The board game might not be for the faint-hearted
Best Alien Toy for 13-Year-Olds
The teenage years are officially here, and kids of this age will have serious self-image questions. Moods will swing, and teen tantrums will begin. How do you buy a moody teenager the best alien toy? A fun role-playing game works wonders to allow kids to release their frustrations. The Alien RPG Game also socializes teens.
- Brand: Free League Publishing
- Type: Alien RPG game
- Age Milestone: Self-identity questions
- Acquired skills: Social play and healthy emotional expression
- Getting new teenagers around a tabletop RPG game with peers can help them through a moody time
- Children express themselves through role-playing activities when they’re not sure how to show their feelings
- It has a scary feeling for sensitive young teens
Best Alien Toy for 14-Year-Olds
Buying your 14-year-old slime and alien balls won’t work anymore. They’re looking to impress girls and their friends. They want the latest gadgets and toys available. They want to boast and fit in with the crowd. It’s a milestone you’re likely to recognize. The Big Chap Alien Scale Action Figure might do the trick for popularity.
- Brand: Hiya Toys
- Type: Alien action figure
- Age Milestone: Peer pressure recognition
- Acquired skills: Healthy pride and social acceptance
- It’s a 1:18 Aliens scale action figure with collectible potential and bragging rights
- It will last your child many years and maybe inspire them to collect more figures
- It’s better suited to boys than girls (although I’m a woman who collects action figures)
Best Alien Toy for 15-Year-Olds
Your child is officially going to deny how much they still love toys. You’ll need to win them over with something spectacular at this age. Allow your child to explore their independence with an odd building kit. The Lego Darth Vader Alien Building Kit encourages self-expression, individuality, and patience.
- Brand: Lego
- Type: Alien building kit
- Age Milestone: Assertive independence and reduced conflict
- Acquired skills: Self-discipline, patience, and emotional regulation
- The Lego alien model kit comes with 834 pieces to assert the patience needed for results in life
- It’s a model kit of Darth Vader, and it can double as a fan centerpiece in your child’s bedroom
- You might see some mood swings until your child learns about patience and model building
Question: Which Alien Action Figures are Hot in 2022?
Answer: The movie Aliens and Aliens vs. Predators are hot picks in 2022. They might not be suitable for young kids, but the Aliens action figures are highly sought-after by teens and adults. Walmart has incredible Predator action figures. Hiya Toys have excellent Aliens scale action figures. Toy Wiz has Neca Aliens action figures.
Question: Which Alien Toys are Popular for Little Kids in 2022?
Answer: Small kids won’t enjoy the predators and aliens from the movie franchise. They prefer cute aliens like the Galactic Cuties Twitch Light Up Alien Plush and the Space Squad Squishmallows Plush. Preschoolers and tweens prefer alien toys with educational and messy features like the Alien Anatomy Science Kit.
Question: Does Funko Pop Make Alien Vinyl Figures?
Answer: Yes, Funko Pop, the collectible vinyl figure brand, makes alien toys. Some options include the Funko Pop Alien Figure and the Xenomorph Vinyl Figure With Autograph. Funko Pop also makes a Ripley Vinyl Figure With Power Loader and an Aliens Vinyl Figure. They also have a Toy Story 4 Alien Vinyl Figure for younger fans.
Best Alien Toys Guide: Conclusion
There’s no need to be afraid of alien toys. Kids will want what they feel curious and passionate about in their age group. Buying toys according to their age is the winning strategy to ensure they enjoy the best of what the toy offers. As a mom, I always consider what’s best for kids, even with toys.
Babies will enjoy the heck out of the Twitch Light Up Alien Plush Toy while honing their pincer grasp. At three, kids can enjoy the Stacking Robots Educational Alien STEM Toy that doubles as an educational toy. I highly recommend the Lego Alien Space Mining Building Kit for preschoolers to craft their creativity.
I also recommend the Fate of Nostromo Alien Board Game for any tween ready for a more complex cognitive challenge. With the Big Chap Alien Scale Action Figure, teenagers find joy in alien toys. Whatever your children desire, and however old they are now, there’s an alien toy suitable for their milestone achievements.
Why wait before buying them a new alien toy when each one uniquely suits a specific age group? Who knows? Kids might enjoy the toy so much that they keep it among their nostalgic activities for years to come.
For more age-appropriate toys: